September 18, 2009

ECU Marching Pirates


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

A major part of the reason I headed down to Grenville a few weekends ago wasn't just for the Battle of the Beards (App State vs ECU) but to visit my younger brother. Pat is a tenor drummer with the ECU Marching Pirates, who were very impressive on the field. A lot of dedication comes from these band members as they were on the field at 8:30 in the morning and didn't finish up until almost 5 pm. I followed them from the practice field up to Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium where they played a pre-game "Call to Port" show, and then after game followed the drumline as they played cadences throughout the tailgating fields. I was sure to include the drumline's number one fan at the end of the slideshow (in the black shirt) who loves to chant "Give me the bass! Give me the bass!"

No comments: