April 17, 2009

St. John Episcopal

Consecrated in 1862, St. John Baptist Episcopal Church sits overlooking Valle Crucis, N.C. Valle Crucis is Latin meaning "Valley of the Cross", and the area is named as such due to the cross formed by three streams converging in the area. St. John's was designed by the founder of Valle Crucis, William West Skiles.

No comments: