June 05, 2009

The Decemberists - Raleigh NC


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.


I had heard of this band but never really listened to them much. When I got called to shoot on assignment for the INDY Weekly, I figured this was a good opportunity to check out the Decemberists.

The show was at the Progress Energy Center for Performing Arts in Raleigh NC. I had previously photographed the Smashing Pumpkins at this venue, so I kind of knew what to expect in terms of where I could shoot from. The Decemberists brought a whole different light show than I had expected. They seemed to use a lot of fog machines with low positioned lights, which really made for some cool shots. I am very pleased with the results.

The only disappointing thing about the Progress Energy Center is the fact that photographers can only shoot from really far left or right, so it makes it a little difficult to line up a good photo. I used a Sigma 2.8 80-200mm lens, and I still had my ISO up around 1000-1250.

All in all, from what I saw I enjoyed the show. I ended up buying the "Always the bridesmaid" 12" Vinyl set at the merch table.


Spread the love, spread the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingrooster/sets/72157619282748344/

No comments: